Volunteering Beyond Construction
There’s a lot more to Habitat than just hammers and nails. Much of the behind-the-scenes work at Habitat for Humanity-Weber and Davis Counties happens within our volunteer committees. New committee members are always welcome! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office 801-475-9821 with your interest in a specific committee:
- A Brush With Kindness Committee — help get the message out for this great home maintenance program. Review applications, work with families in need and volunteers to perform minor, outside home repair and maintenance.
- Faith Relations Committee — create and maintain relationships with faith communities by building awareness of Habitat as an ecumenical Christian ministry that welcomes people of all faiths committed to the cause of eliminating poverty housing.
- Family Services — solicit and screen applicants for partner families, recommend qualified families to the Board of Directors, work with partner families to provide assistance with sweat equity requirements, home ownership education, closing process, adjustment to new homeowner responsibilities, and continued partnership with Habitat families.
- Marketing/Public Relations Committee — will educate and inform the public regarding the mission and purposes of Habitat, the need for better and more affordable housing, and steps being taken to meet this need.
- Resource Development Committee — organize fundraising and in-kind contribution campaigns, lead volunteers in support of these activities.
- ReStore Committee — help oversee ReStore activities, assist customers on sale days, procure donations from local businesses and individuals, organize and price donated materials.
- Site Selection Committee — work with the Board of Directors to define focus areas and neighborhoods, collaborate with the Construction Committee and town officials to evaluate and obtain potential building sites.
- Volunteer Committee — will recruit, document, and process volunteers. They are responsible for accounting for volunteer hours, and volunteer recognition and encouragement.