Learn and practice how to set up shelter with the American Red Cross and Habitat for Humanity of Weber and Davis Counties
As part of this exercise, we have a 90 minute online Shelter Fundamentals class that your people could take before the 27th and then show up on the 27th for practical exposure and training to:
· Welcome, reception and registration
· Setup of a safe place for cots and blankets where displaced people can sleep
· Health Care professionals demonstrating their empathy and care in the shelter
· Food service operations; and
· Handling special needs in a shelter environment
By working together to establish a temporary home for those forced from their residence, volunteers can join in a feeling of accomplishment in equipping ourselves with the ability to house, feed and provide medical care for catastrophic event survivors."