Habitat offers home repair services
to homeowners so they can continue to live
in safe, decent homes for years to come.
A Brush With Kindness is an exterior home repair preservation program that offers painting, in addition to landscaping, and minor exterior home repair services to eligible homeowners. We believe that everyone should continue to live in safe, decent homes for years to come.
We use volunteers to help with the affordable exterior work. Our affiliate will purchase what is needed for materials. Afterwards, homeowners will then have to repay for the materials at a no-interest loan based upon income and ability to repay. Furthermore, if your income won’t allow this repayment, you will be denied.
However, you can also apply for Labor-Only. This is for homeowners who need help landscaping and other work that doesn’t require materials. This could also include homeowners who already have the materials but need help from volunteers.
Please ensure you meet and understand the requirements.
Apply for the ABWK program online
OR return complete applications to:
Habitat for Humanity of Weber and Davis Counties
2955 Harrison Blvd. Suite 202
Ogden UT 84401
We are now accepting applications and scheduling projects for the Spring.
- Own and occupy a home that needs and could benefit from short-term exterior improvements.
- Meet income guidelines (2018) for those who are in need of labor AND materials.
- Willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity of Weber and Davis Counties.
- Unable to complete projects due to age, disability, or circumstances.
Income Guidelines 2018
|Family Size||Gross annual
- Fill in all blanks.
- If question doesn’t apply to you, mark N/A.
- Incomplete applications WILL NOT be considered.
- Attach additional sheets as needed.
Sign and date the authorization and release forms
- If there are co-applications, both must sign.
Enclose copies of the following documents (DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS) with application if you are requiring materials in addition to labor:
- Your 2016 or 2017 income tax return
- If you did not file taxes for 2016 or 2017, please provide a letter, signed by you, that states you did not file taxes and the reason why.
- Your last two (2) paycheck stubs or other proof of income.
- You last two (2) bank statements showing all checking, saving, and loan balances.
- If you do not have a bank account, please write that on the application.
- Proof of child support and/or public assistance if you receive them
- such as: SSI, TANF, Social Security, disability, food stamps, etc.
- Proof of home ownership
- Deed of Trust or most recent property tax receipt
- Home must be in Weber or Davis County, Utah.
- Must not be any liens against the property other than mortgage liens.
- Homeowner must be current on insurance and property taxes at time of repairs and through repayment period.
- Applicant must be homeowner, must live in the homes, and the home must be the homeowner’s primary residence.
- Home cannot be used in a manner that violate local, state, and federal law.
- At the time of selection, homeowner must intend to continue to reside in the home as primary residence for at least the next three years.
- Family must agree to continue to maintain the home to the best of their ability (keep neat, clean, and in good repair) so as not to reduce its value or that of the neighborhood.
Applications can be downloaded ABWK Application 2018 and mailed to our main office OR they can be filled out below online.
**Si necesita una solicitud en español en formato PDF, haga clic aquí e imprima.
Remember to submit the additional documents if you are applying for repairs that require materials AND labor. Submit to email@example.com (or the main office address). You can also upload the required documents on our online application. Please refer to Eligibility, Program Instructions, and Additional Criteria for more information.
**Si necesita una aplicación en español, haga clic aquí para hacerlo en linea.