ReStore Assistant Manager
Habitat for Humanity of Weber and Davis Counties
3111 Wall Ave
Ogden, UT 84401
Remote work allowed: No
Pay and Benefits
Benefits: Paid time off
20 hours per week
TITLE: Habitat ReStore Assistant Manager
REPORTS TO: ReStore Manager
WORK SCHEDULE: The ReStore is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm. The position is 20 hours per week. Saturdays are mandatory but hours are negotiable.
About Habitat for Humanity of Weber & Davis Counties
Habitat for Humanity of Weber & Davis Counties is a nonprofit organization that partners with the local community to help families and individuals build homes and improve places to call home. We believe affordable homeownership plays a critical role in strong and stable communities. Habitat homeowners are able to achieve the stability they need to build a better life.
About the Weber ReStore
The Weber ReStore is a nonprofit home improvement thrift store that accepts donated merchandise from individuals and businesses and sells a constantly changing inventory of diverse items to the public at a fraction of the retail price, while diverting reusable household items and building materials from area landfills. Merchandise includes furniture, flooring, tools, lighting, hardware, plumbing, cabinets, home decor; and appliances such as washers, dryers, and refrigerators. Sales from the ReStore go toward building and rehabilitating safe and affordable homes in Weber and Davis counties.
The ReStore Assistant Manager position is responsible for serving as the right-hand person to the ReStore Manager, assisting customers and providing the ultimate customer service, providing direction to employees and volunteers, and serving as ambassadors for Habitat for Humanity. They are the first and last smiling faces customers see as they enter and leave the store. They are friendly and energetic. They are dedicated to the philosophy and have passion for the mission of Habitat. They must represent Habitat favorably within the community, develop and maintain good relationships with customers, donors, volunteers, and partners.
DAILY OPERATIONS: Under the direction of the ReStore Manager, provide excellent customer service experience, manage employees and volunteers, conduct product sales, screen and accept donations, and assist in merchandising and maintenance of the sales floor and facilities.
- Be a friendly ambassador for Habitat for Humanity Weber and Davis
- Take initiative to identify areas of the store that need attention and improvement
- Work with ReStore Manager to execute plan and follow schedule to achieve sales goals
- Give direction to employees and volunteers to ensure they are working on various projects
- Identify items that could be sold on KSL, Facebook Marketplace, EBay, etc.
- Lift and move furniture, doors and other large items
- Perform opening and closing procedures for cash register
- Resolve customer complaints and asking for assistance as needed
- Write letters and provide mandated reporting for court appointed volunteers who volunteer at the ReStore
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Competently manage the store when ReStore Manager is not on site
- Ability to drive a 12 feet box truck to pick up donated items from area businesses
- Passion for Habitat for Humanity mission
- High School graduate or GED
- Retail sales experience, preferably in a home or building products industry
- Pass a criminal background check
- Ability to bend, reach and stand for long periods of time. The ability to repetitively lift and move over 35 lbs
- Overseeing the daily workings of the showroom as well as the warehouse
- Ability to work independently in an organized fashion, in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage multiple tasks
To apply, email resume to: